Steven Philip Allen
Highly motivated and professional individual with 20 years’ experience with working dog’s, who is capable of working on his own or as part of a team. I am extremely hard working, with the capability of finding the correct solutions, rather than finding problems. My Military background stands me in good stead with being polite and courteous.
Areas of Expertise
- Senior instructor for Explosive Detection Dog Teams.
- Senior instructor for Drugs Detection Dog Teams.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of Detection dog training, management, maintenance and welfare.
- Responsible for the delivery of all working Dog courses for various Companies.
- Responsible for all development training for various K9 section Handlers and Dogs.
- Responsible for all aspects concerning Kennel management of a Kennel complex.
- Responsible for all planned searches for the various Companies.
- Responsible for safe handling and storage of all live Explosives and Narcotics substances.
- Body Detection Dog Handler
- AES Handler
- DDD Handler
- EDD Handler
- GP Handler
- Assess, coach and develop training staff including providing assistance in adapting to change and new techniques within the organisation.
- Experienced in identifying problems at an early stage, providing options and solutions including the ability to resolve conflict, as it becomes apparent in the workplace.
- Managing a team of 30 personnel, including organising and delegating duties and daily tasks.
- Setting, monitoring, reviewing realistic objectives for training and operational staff and, when necessary, adapting these.
- Experienced at briefing senior staff on all aspects of dog handling on a regular basis.
- RFA Security EDD Handler 01 November – To Date
- EDD Handler and Supervisor 02 London. March 2017 – 31October 2018
- Body Detection Dog Handler Northern France 2014 – 25th October 2016
- To Detect illegal immigrants, before they enter the United Kingdom.
- Ministry of Interior Customs Affairs K9 Unit 2007 – 2014.
- Project Manager and instructor for Explosive Detection Dog Teams for the Customs K9 section for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Senior instructor for Drugs Detection Dog Teams for the Customs K9 section for the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of Customs dog training, management, maintenance and welfare.
- Responsible for the delivery of all working Dog courses for the Kingdom of Bahrain K9 section.
- Responsible for all development training for the Kingdom of Bahrain K9 section Handlers and Dogs.
- Responsible for all aspects concerning Kennel management of the Kingdom of Bahrain Kennel complex.
- Responsible for all planned searches for the Kingdom of Bahrain K9 section.
- British Army Dog Unit Northern Ireland (2002 – 2006)
- Lance Corporal – Working with all aspects of Dog Handling, Training, and Kennel managing
- British Army 2nd Battalion the Royal Green Jackets 1999 – 2002
- Lance Corporal: Including operational tours of Kosovo and Bosnia, Involving working with public order Canines.
- British Army Junior Parachute Company/ Parachute Regiment 1990 - 1993
- Private. Administered Discharge due to an injury.
- English: Native
- French: Basic
- Best Recruit Winchester 1999.
- Best Recruit Catterick 1999
- Bosnia SFOR campaign medal
- Kosovo KFOR campaign medal
- Northern Ireland campaign medal
- French parachute wings
Education and Qualifications
- PST and Conflict resolution trained (2016)
- Authorised Search Officer (2016)
- Counter Terrorism Checked (2016)
- PTLLS (2010)
- European computer driving license (2005)
- British Army Arms Explosive Search Handlers course (2003)
- Dog behaviourist course (2003)
- British Army Kennel managers course (2003)
- British Army Practical trainers course (2003)
- British Army Basic dog course (2001)
- GCSE’S English oral communication, English, Maths, Music. (1989)
- Date of birth: 15/03/74
- Full Driving licence, Clean
- Dog Psychology, Dog Training.
- Spending time with my children.